Thornhill is looking for a developer to join our small, creative and friendly team. This is an opportunity to express your development talent as a key player, while helping make the world a better place, with the convenience of working from home. Intrigued? Keep reading …
This position might be suitable if you:
- Are a mid to senior level developer (or were, until you had kids / moved to a remote dorpie / were faced with tough choices between quality of life and THE CAREER).
- Have discovered you actually enjoy working remotely and can’t face the idea of returning to the COMMUTE!
- Are meticulous, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and committed to accuracy and quality … you don’t need anyone chasing up after you and checking your homework.
- Can communicate fluently with clients and team members (over email and in virtual/face-to-face meetings) in a manner that is friendly, professional, efficient and precise – fortunately lockdown has honed these skills.
- Enjoy working with a small dynamic team of like-minded individuals, who are interested in you and your ideas on how to make life better.
- Are looking for a job that keeps you interested and engaged, and allows you some flexibility, but won’t make you the Assistant Vice President of Technology (we are a small team).
The role will entail providing support for clients and team members, client-specific development, maintaining the existing codebase (most of which has been around since 2003), and new application development. The exact mix will depend on your aptitude and attitude, but you will need to be able to jump into any of these tasks.
We are initially looking for someone part time (the hours are negotiable), with the possibility of expanding to full time in the future.
We specialise in helping to develop effective leaders and improve their performance through feedback. Although our core business is 360° feedback, we do offer a range of other products and services from questionnaire hosting, to instrument design, surveys, screening systems, election processes, as well as feedback facilitation and training.
The Thornhill team is small, but consists of a diverse mix of project managers, psychologists, coaches, consultants and software developers. Thornhill has an excellent track record and we pride ourselves on providing professional, ethical, prompt, efficient, and courteous client service. We believe we can make a positive impact by improving the quality of leadership, helping people learn about themselves and gain more satisfaction at work. Our team takes on projects we enjoy, develops ideas we like, and gets excited about making our clients happy, and we would want someone who gets excited about new ideas and better ways of doing things too.
If you like the sound of the above, feel you would be a good fit, and share a commitment to our values (www.thornhill.co.za/wordpress/why-thornhill/), please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you are amazing. Your cover letter should indicate your interest in working for Thornhill, and applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please explain why you would be suitable for this role and provide current/required salary details.
The application process consists of virtual and in-person interviews, as well as a programming challenge to allow you to strut your stuff. If you do not receive any feedback, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.