Administrator (March 2018)
Thornhill Associates offers online multi-rater feedback questionnaires to clients. We are looking for a committed, smart, responsible, and reliable administrator to run online questionnaire projects. Our friendly team is virtual, so you will enjoy work-at-home convenience. You can work from anywhere with reliable internet connectivity.
Thornhill is a small company with very high standards and demanding clients, so for this position we need someone with
the following skills and attributes:
- Computer literacy, including substantial experience of working online, as well as the ability to pick up new computer methods quickly and to understand how the technology we use affects clients
- Absolute accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work on your own and finish tasks unsupervised
- Ability to anticipate what needs to be done to meet deadlines
- Ability to write fluently in English
- Pleasant and helpful approach to customer service
- Good interpersonal skills and warm teamwork with several virtual teams
- Flexibility in work hours and willingness to work outside regular office hours when necessary.
Someone who delights in administrative excellence and is happy to meet the following expectations:
THORNHILL PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
- Check emails regularly, but at least every 4 hours, Monday to Friday, and every 8 hours on a Saturday. Let the team know when you are going to be out of email reach for more than that time.
- Respond to clients immediately, but at least within 4 hours during office hours (8am – 5pm), or ask someone else to if you cannot.
- Sunday work will be carried out on a rotational basis. Emails received on Sunday that only require a response on Monday do not need to be replied to on Sunday, but emails need to be checked, just in case.
- Quality of emails: This is the only way clients and recipients have of judging our level of professionalism, so proofread all emails that go out from Thornhill and work to a zero-defect rule.
- Rush jobs: We do our best to respond to the client’s request for urgency, but never allow urgency to lead to inaccuracy.
- When an administrator asks another member of the team (especially one who is not an administrator) to do something, it remains the administrator’s responsibility to ensure that it happens. Specify the deadline in the request and, if it is urgent, send an SMS asking the person to check his/her emails.
- Check the Update and Reminder when received and provide feedback to Daphne.
- Update the Google spreadsheet within 24 hours of receiving the client info sheet, news that details of an admin have changed, the signed confidentiality form, or client invoices. It carries a legal and accounting load, and needs to be accurate and up-to-date so anyone can access it at any time. Please bookmark the address for easy access.
- Please submit your invoice and/or timesheet to Daphne by the 2nd of the month.
We can adjust these rules as situations require, but only in consultation with each other, so we know what to count on when.
If you fit the requirements and share our values (www.thornhill.co.za/wordpress/why-thornhill/), please send an email expressing interest, with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 April 2018. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. If you do not receive any feedback, please presume that your application has been unsuccessful.