ADMINISTRATOR (Equivalent of a half day job; 3-month trial period)
The purpose of Thornhill is to help people become more effective and fulfilled at work through providing technology-supported methods for personal development. We provide customisable online multi-rater feedback and selection systems with accompanying consulting and coaching services, mostly for the purposes of management development. We are excited about helping people to learn about themselves, understand how others see them, and become better leaders. Thornhill combines professional organisational psychology insight with innovative software systems to offer both standard and bespoke solutions to organisations, business schools, consultants and executive coaches.
Although our core business is 360° feedback, we do offer a wide range of other customised services. We have successfully administered over 552 000 questionnaires since 2003, helping thousands of leaders receive feedback in ways that lead to personal growth and more effective performance.
The Thornhill team is small, but consists of a diverse mix of project managers, psychologists, coaches, consultants and software developers. Thornhill has an excellent track record and we pride ourselves on providing professional, ethical, prompt, efficient, and courteous client service. This is an opportunity to express your talent as a key player, while helping to make the world a better place, with the convenience of working from home.
Why work for Thornhill?
- Excellence: In the past we have demonstrated growth by relying almost solely on word of mouth. Clients are impressed with our ability to deliver brilliant service at a very competitive price.
- Changing lives: A well-designed 360° feedback process with effective coaching can transform a leader.
- Social conscience: Thornhill donates 10% of profit to a worthy cause. We funded the start-up of BizSchool, a project that equips young people to enter the world of work. We are looking for other worthy causes to support.
- New possibilities: We are always on the look-out for new ideas. We encourage feedback on direction or ideas about new products from everyone in the team.
- Great team: The team work well together. We treat each other with mutual respect and take shared responsibility for excellence.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter, a disciplined, tech-savvy and detail-oriented administrator to join our friendly team, to administer online projects, carry out other administrative activities and assist with marketing campaigns. S/he can work from anywhere with a reliable internet connection.
We need someone with the following skills and attributes:
- Absolute integrity
- Computer literacy, including substantial experience of working online, as well as the ability to pick up new computer methods quickly and to understand how the technology we use affects clients
- Commitment to quality and absolute accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and finish tasks unsupervised as well as the ability to work in a team
- Ability to prioritise and anticipate what needs to be done to meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office
- Highly organised with good administrative skills
- Ability to write fluently in English – strong written communication skills are essential
- Pleasant and helpful approach to customer service
- Good interpersonal skills and warm teamwork with several virtual teams
- Flexibility in work hours and willingness to work outside regular office hours when necessary.
Someone who delights in administrative excellence and is happy to meet the following expectations:
Thornhill Performance Expectations
- Check emails regularly, but at least every 4 hours, Monday to Friday, and every 8 hours on a Saturday. Let the team know when you are going to be out of email reach for more than that time.
- Respond to clients immediately, but at least within 4 hours during office hours (8am to 5pm), or ask someone else to if you cannot.
- Sunday work will be carried out on a rotational basis. Emails received on Sunday that only require a response on Monday do not need to be replied to on Sunday, but emails need to be checked, just in case.
- Quality of emails: This is the only way clients and recipients have of judging our level of professionalism, so proofread all emails that go out from Thornhill and work to a zero-defect rule.
- Rush jobs: Although we do our best to respond to the client’s request for urgency, we must never allow urgency to lead to inaccuracy.
- When an administrator asks another member of the team (especially one who is not an administrator) to do something, it remains the administrator’s responsibility to ensure that it happens. Specify the deadline in the request and, if it is urgent, send an SMS asking the person to check her/his emails.
- Check the Update and Reminder when received, and provide feedback.
- Update the Google spreadsheet within 24 hours of receiving the client info sheet, news the dates or details of a project have changed, the signed confidentiality form, or invoice details. It carries a legal and accounting load, and it needs to be accurate and up-to-date so anyone can access it at any time to keep up-to-date.
- Submit your invoice and/or timesheet by the 2nd of the month.
Thornhill is committed to positively impacting those who use our systems and to contributing to society, and would want someone who gets excited about new ideas and better ways of doing things.
If you fit the requirements and share a commitment to our values (www.thornhill.co.za/wordpress/why-thornhill/), please send a CV, cover letter and clear salary expectation/indication of your most recent salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2020.
Your cover letter should indicate your interest in working for Thornhill, and applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please explain why you would be suitable for this role and provide current salary details. Send any questions about the role to email@example.com. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. If you do not receive any feedback, please presume that your application has been unsuccessful.